Volunteer with our National, Regional or Special Interest Groups
It would not be possible to run our national, regional and special interest fundraising groups across the UK without the help of our incredible volunteers, and we’re looking for committed and passionate people to join our team.
Volunteers give their time, skills and expertise to support our work. There is no such thing as a typical volunteer. Individuals are motivated to volunteer for different reasons; to learn new skills, to use their spare time positively or because they believe in what we are doing.
Whether you’re good with people, numbers or ideas, we’re sure you’ll find it worthwhile to spend your time as a volunteer supporting the vibrant fundraising community within the UK. You’ll gain the kind of knowledge and experience you’d be hard pressed to find elsewhere. And all the while, you’ll be making a difference.
1. Check the list of groups that are currently looking for volunteers.
2. Read about the roles that make up a group committee.
3. Fill in the online form to register your interest.
4. A group representative will get in touch to arrange a follow up conversation. Please see below for more information about the application process.
If you know which group and role you're interested in, you can go straight to the form below.
Please click on each group to find out what roles they are recruiting for. If there's one you'd like to find out more about, please use the online form below to register your interest, and a member of the relevant committee will be in touch.
Committee members for regional groups should be based in that region, whereas special interest groups, such as Consultants or Supporter Experience, could be based anywhere in the UK.
For more information about what each group covers, and their activities, please visit our national, regional and special interest group pages.
For more information about what each role is responsible for, please download the PDF below, or scroll down to look through the roles available.
Please click each role title for a brief description of what the repsonsibilities are. You can find more detail about all the roles by downloading the PDF below.
Please note that to volunteer with us:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You will agree to be an Individual Member of the Chartered Institute
- You will read and follow the Chartered Institute’s policies and guidelines.
- You will be able to regularly volunteer with us - the amount of time required will vary by role. In the case of an Officer role, such as Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer or Secretary, this will be for a minimum of one to a maximum of three years.
Once you have submitted the online form, you will be asked to complete an optional diversity monitoring form. This is completely anonymous, and not required for your application to be recieved, nor is it linked to any details in your application. This is to help the Chartered Institute ensure we are creating an inclusive and welcoming volunteering space for all fundraisers.